Tue, 18 Oct|
Talbot Hotel Carlow
3-Day Regenerative Agriculture Workshop with Gabe Brown
National Organic Training Skillnet are thrilled to confirm that Gabe Brown and his Soil Health Academy team are coming to Ireland this October for an in-depth, 3-day Regenerative Agriculture Workshop titled “Restoring Soil, Profits, Farms and Futures”.
Time & Location
18 Oct 2022, 08:30 – 20 Oct 2022, 17:00
Talbot Hotel Carlow, Graigue, Portlaoise Road, Co. Carlow, Ireland
About the event
Taking place across October 18th – 20th (Tuesday – Thursday), participants will learn both in a classroom venue, and in an on-farm practical setting. The classrooom sessions will take place in the Talbot Hotel, Carlow, while the on-farm sessions will be on the farm of DANÚ participant Jonny Greene in nearby Athy, Co Kildare.
NOTS have heavily funded the course from a full price of more than €600 down to a cost of €375 per person. This includes full hot lunch on each day of the course, bus transfers to and from the hotel and farm. We have also included a full online pass to BioFarm 2022 in the ticket price, as well as full 24/7 access to Gabe Brown’s Regen Ag 101 online course.
- Dates: Tuesday October 18th – Thursday October 20th, 2022
- Time: 8.30am to 5.00pm each day
- Classroom Venue: Talbot Hotel, Carlow, Co Carlow (Morning & Early Afternoon Sessions)
- On-Farm Venue: Jonny Greene, Meganey, Athy, Co Kildare (Afternoon Sessions)
- Trainers: Gabe Brown + 2 members of his Soil Health Academy Team TBC
- Cost: €375 when you sign up through NOTS (€625 without NOTS funding)Ticket Includes: Lunch, bus travel, and refreshments on each day Full Online Pass to BioFarm 2022 Conference Access to Gabe Brown’s Regen Ag 101 Online course
- Accommodation Options: Participants can avail of our exclusive deal with the Talbot Hotel of €70 for Bed, Breakfast and Evening Meal on either Tuesday 18th or Wednesday 19th.
Day 1 – Tuesday October 18th, 8.30am – 5.00pm:
- Soil Health Demonstrations
- The Importance of Aggregates
- Principles, Rules and Processes, in the field
- Monitoring Soil Health, in the field
Day 2 – Wednesday October 19th, 8.30am – 5.00pm:
- Designing Cover Crop Mixes
- Adaptive Grazing
- Adaptive Grazing, in the field
Day 3 – Thursday October 20th, 8.30am – 5.00pm:
- Soil Test Interpretation
- Livestock Integration
- Field Exercises
Please note – an instalment payment plan is available (3X payments of €125) – please call 0873382776 for more information on setting this up if required.