Fri, 19 May|
Agroforestry Open Weekend at Broughgammon Farm
Broughgammon Farm is a forward thinking, sustainable, family farm, nestled just off the North coast. Providing ethical and sustainable produce, with a farm shop & cafe, butchery courses, farm walks, kids events and more!
Time & Location
19 May, 11:00 – 21 May, 16:00
Broughgammon Farm, 50 Straid Rd, Ballycastle BT54 6NP, UK
About the event
Charlie and Becky Cole will share their agroforestry system, they run a 'forward thinking farming' model, you are sure to find this a really great day of learning.
The Agroforestry is a hybrid of research, using similar ethos to Stephen Briggs, specialisng in fruiting variteies only, and integrating them with our farm shops supply chain. Merging this with advice from Wakelyns in terms of row-widths, and practical advice, particularly around inter-cropping. And then finally using some of Richard Perkins ideas in terms of stacking, with the shaded areas being filled further with fruiting bushes that are more shade tolerant.
- FEEL FREE TO JUST TURN UP
- FACILITIES/REFRESHMENTS: Farm, shop & café open: Fri-Sun 11am-4pm
- DOGS On Leads
- DISABILITY ACCESS
Concrete Yard, Stone Laneways, Disabled Bathroom
For more info:
Social Media: @broughgammonfrm
- Sat, 03 JunMoyvore03 Jun, 14:00 – 16:00Moyvore, Moyvore, Co. Westmeath, IrelandOnsite Insights: farm walk & practical actions for nature with Farming for Nature Ambassador James Ham - “Hedgerow management and incorporating trees into farming systems.” The Farming for Nature farm walks are an opportunity for FFN Ambassadors to showcase their contribution to nature.
- Wed, 14 JunCrecora14 Jun, 18:30 – 20:30Crecora, Skehanagh, Crecora, Co. Limerick, IrelandOnsite Insights: farm walk & practical actions for nature with Farming for Nature Ambassador Sean Condon, an organic dairy farmer from Crecora, County Limerick. He farms about 140 acres of good grassland and runs an extensive dairy farming system, milking 50 cows once a day.
- Thu, 15 JunAntrim
- Tue, 20 JunBrook Hall Estate and Gardens
- Sat, 24 JunConnemara Co. Galway24 Jun, 14:00 – 16:30Connemara Co. GalwayOnsite Insights: farm walk & practical actions for nature with Farming for Nature Ambassador Aonghus Ó Coistealbha, a market gardener with a 1-acre farm where Aonghus grows a variety of chemical-free vegetables including lettuce/salad leaves, onions, tomatoes, radishes, herbs and more.
- Sat, 01 JulFalkland01 Jul, 21:00 – 21:05Falkland, The Stables, Falkland Estate, Falkland, Cupar KY15 7AF, UKGO Falkland, a one-day event featuring talks and sessions on regenerative farming, sharing knowledge from leading practitioners, soil health specialists, and farmers on the regenerative journey. This event is for farmers, small holders, growers, educators, and anyone interested in soil health.
- Wed, 06 SeptEastbrook Farm, Lower Farm, Bishopstone,