Tue, 31 Jan|
CAFRE Loughry College
DAERA Draft Ammonia Strategy Consultation Event
DAERA in partnership with CAFRE & NIEA are hosting meetings to outline the content of the DAERA Draft Ammonia Strategy Consultation. Held at CAFRE Loughry College, Cookstown.
Time & Location
31 Jan, 19:30 – 20:30
CAFRE Loughry College, Cookstown BT80 9AD, UK
About the event
The Department of Agriculture, Environment and Rural Affairs (DAERA) has launched a consultation on its draft Ammonia Strategy - the first of its kind for Northern Ireland - and is keen for anyone with an interest to participate and provide their views.
Responses to this consultation will inform a reworked strategy with proposed targets for 2030 that will help to secure the restoration of biodiversity, ecosystems, and the services they provide, while also facilitating the sustainable development of a prosperous agri-food industry.
This public consultation is open for a period of 8 weeks until 23:59, 3 March 2023. We welcome as many views as possible from all interested organisations and individuals.
An information event has been organised at each of the three CAFRE campuses.
Greenmount Campus 24th January 2023,
Enniskillen Campus 25th January 2023 and
Loughry Campus 31st January 2023. (Find other locations on Eventbrite.co.uk)
Each meeting will commence at 7.30pm and last approximately one hour.
- Sat, 03 JunMoyvore03 Jun, 14:00 – 16:00Moyvore, Moyvore, Co. Westmeath, IrelandOnsite Insights: farm walk & practical actions for nature with Farming for Nature Ambassador James Ham - “Hedgerow management and incorporating trees into farming systems.” The Farming for Nature farm walks are an opportunity for FFN Ambassadors to showcase their contribution to nature.
- Wed, 14 JunCrecora14 Jun, 18:30 – 20:30Crecora, Skehanagh, Crecora, Co. Limerick, IrelandOnsite Insights: farm walk & practical actions for nature with Farming for Nature Ambassador Sean Condon, an organic dairy farmer from Crecora, County Limerick. He farms about 140 acres of good grassland and runs an extensive dairy farming system, milking 50 cows once a day.
- Thu, 15 JunAntrim
- Tue, 20 JunBrook Hall Estate and Gardens
- Sat, 24 JunConnemara Co. Galway24 Jun, 14:00 – 16:30Connemara Co. GalwayOnsite Insights: farm walk & practical actions for nature with Farming for Nature Ambassador Aonghus Ó Coistealbha, a market gardener with a 1-acre farm where Aonghus grows a variety of chemical-free vegetables including lettuce/salad leaves, onions, tomatoes, radishes, herbs and more.
- Sat, 01 JulFalkland01 Jul, 21:00 – 21:05Falkland, The Stables, Falkland Estate, Falkland, Cupar KY15 7AF, UKGO Falkland, a one-day event featuring talks and sessions on regenerative farming, sharing knowledge from leading practitioners, soil health specialists, and farmers on the regenerative journey. This event is for farmers, small holders, growers, educators, and anyone interested in soil health.
- Wed, 06 SeptEastbrook Farm, Lower Farm, Bishopstone,