Wed, 17 Aug|
107 Pomeroy Rd
Flax Harvest (1)
Join us for our annual flax harvest.
Time & Location
17 Aug 2022, 10:00 – 16:00
107 Pomeroy Rd, 107 Pomeroy Rd, Cookstown BT80 9EY, UK
About the event
We are adding a couple more dates for the harvest, Wednesday and Saturday.
We will be harvesting 1 acre of flax. It's all done by hand. It's an easy crop to pull and many hands make light work, and good craic. Bring gloves, suncream,insect repellant and a raincoat... who knows what the weather will do. If you can't make it for 10am the field will be signposted from the farm yard, just follow the signs.
The lane up to the farm is a steep stone lane with trees up both sides. There will be a GrowIN sign at the bottom of the lane. Ring Helen on 07712880775 if you get lost.
We will provide a quick overview before heading to the field for a demo and then we can all get stuck in. If you've been before just head for the field. You can stay as long as you like. Feel free to bring a picnic.
Facilities are basic but there will be a composting toilet and water for hand washing.
We have quite a few animals on the farm so can't host dogs, sorry.
- Sat, 03 JunMoyvore03 Jun, 14:00 – 16:00Moyvore, Moyvore, Co. Westmeath, IrelandOnsite Insights: farm walk & practical actions for nature with Farming for Nature Ambassador James Ham - “Hedgerow management and incorporating trees into farming systems.” The Farming for Nature farm walks are an opportunity for FFN Ambassadors to showcase their contribution to nature.
- Wed, 14 JunCrecora14 Jun, 18:30 – 20:30Crecora, Skehanagh, Crecora, Co. Limerick, IrelandOnsite Insights: farm walk & practical actions for nature with Farming for Nature Ambassador Sean Condon, an organic dairy farmer from Crecora, County Limerick. He farms about 140 acres of good grassland and runs an extensive dairy farming system, milking 50 cows once a day.
- Thu, 15 JunAntrim
- Tue, 20 JunBrook Hall Estate and Gardens
- Sat, 24 JunConnemara Co. Galway24 Jun, 14:00 – 16:30Connemara Co. GalwayOnsite Insights: farm walk & practical actions for nature with Farming for Nature Ambassador Aonghus Ó Coistealbha, a market gardener with a 1-acre farm where Aonghus grows a variety of chemical-free vegetables including lettuce/salad leaves, onions, tomatoes, radishes, herbs and more.
- Sat, 01 JulFalkland01 Jul, 21:00 – 21:05Falkland, The Stables, Falkland Estate, Falkland, Cupar KY15 7AF, UKGO Falkland, a one-day event featuring talks and sessions on regenerative farming, sharing knowledge from leading practitioners, soil health specialists, and farmers on the regenerative journey. This event is for farmers, small holders, growers, educators, and anyone interested in soil health.
- Wed, 06 SeptEastbrook Farm, Lower Farm, Bishopstone,