Thu, 19 May|
Managing rising costs on beef and sheep farms: Kircubbin
With the impact of rising input costs being felt across the industry, CAFRE are hosting several events to consider what can be done on-farm to mitigate rising costs. The events will be hosted at four farms across Northern Ireland in mid-May and are and are open to the farming public.
Time & Location
19 May 2022, 14:00 – 19:00
Sam Chesney, 49 Inishargy Rd, Kircubbin, Newtownards BT22 2RQ
About the event
Pre-registration is essential.
Event topic discussion will include:
– Creating a fodder budget for winter and actions to ensure adequate supplies of fodder.
– Use of fertiliser and organic manures to maximise grass growth.
– Rotational grazing and benefits of better grazing management.
– Clover as a longer term strategy to reduce input costs.
– Cashflow management and budgeting.
These events are supported by the Rising Costs Industry Taskforce.
Full list of events:
Tuesday 17th May
Wednesday 18th May
Thursday 19th May
Friday 20th May