Fri, 20 May|
Managing rising costs on beef and sheep farms: Stranocum
With the impact of rising input costs being felt across the industry, CAFRE are hosting several events to consider what can be done on-farm to mitigate rising costs. The events will be hosted at four farms across Northern Ireland in mid-May and are and are open to the farming public.
Time & Location
20 May 2022, 14:00 – 19:00
John McHenry, 34 Knockmore Rd, Stranocum, Ballymoney BT53 8QG
About the event
Pre-registration is essential.
Event topic discussion will include:
– Creating a fodder budget for winter and actions to ensure adequate supplies of fodder.
– Use of fertiliser and organic manures to maximise grass growth.
– Rotational grazing and benefits of better grazing management.
– Clover as a longer term strategy to reduce input costs.
– Cashflow management and budgeting.
These events are supported by the Rising Costs Industry Taskforce.
Full list of events:
Tuesday 17th May
Wednesday 18th May
Thursday 19th May
Friday 20th May
- Tue, 03 Octwebinar03 Oct, 20:00 – 21:35webinar
- Tue, 10 Octwebinar10 Oct, 20:00 – 21:35webinar
- Tue, 17 Octwebinar17 Oct, 20:00 – 21:35webinar
- Tue, 24 Octwebinar24 Oct, 20:00 – 21:35webinar
- Thu, 26 OctLa Mon Hotel26 Oct, 09:30 – 16:00La Mon Hotel, 41 Gransha Rd, Comber, Belfast, Newtownards BT23 5RF, UK26 Oct, 09:30 – 16:00La Mon Hotel, 41 Gransha Rd, Comber, Belfast, Newtownards BT23 5RF, UKSoil health is recognised as underpinning sustainable and resilient farming systems. Over the past number of decades, AFBI’s extensive soil health research has integrated with both agricultural productivity and environmental outcomes to deliver important recommendations.
- Tue, 07 NovFitzgeralds Woodlands House Hotel07 Nov, 09:30 – 08 Nov, 07:30Fitzgeralds Woodlands House Hotel, Knockanes, Adare, Co. Limerick, Ireland07 Nov, 09:30 – 08 Nov, 07:30Fitzgeralds Woodlands House Hotel, Knockanes, Adare, Co. Limerick, IrelandNational Organic Training Skillnet are delighted to confirm that BioFarm is back! The event will host the usual high-level mix of Irish and international speakers on the topics of biological, organic, and regenerative farming. Speakers will be announced in the coming months leading up to November.
- Thu, 16 NovWestlodge Hotel16 Nov, 08:30 – 17 Nov, 16:30Westlodge Hotel, Seafield, Bantry, Co. Cork, Ireland
- Thu, 16 NovWestlodge Hotel16 Nov, 21:00 – 17 Nov, 17:00Westlodge Hotel, Clashduff, Bantry, Co. Cork, Ireland
- Mon, 27 NovBelfast27 Nov, 10:00 – 15:30Belfast, University Rd, Belfast BT7 1NN, UK