Tue, 25 Oct|
NFFN Farming for Resilience West
LEARN HOW TO ACHIEVE A PRODUCTION 'SWEET SPOT' FOR YOUR FARM TO INCREASE PROFITS, REDUCE COSTS AND IMPROVE RESILIENCE.
Time & Location
25 Oct 2022, 14:00 – 16:00
Cookstown, 33 Lower Kildress Rd, Cookstown BT80 9RN, UK
About the event
Are you worried about the rising costs associated with farming?
Are you concerned that your outputs just won’t meet demands if you cut back on your inputs?
Did you know there is a ‘sweet spot’, where farming can be at its most profitable?
NI West Event, Cookstown
Tuesday 25 Oct, 2pm - 4pm
NI East Event, Glenwherry
Wednesday 26 Oct, 1pm - 3pm
Learn more about farming more profitably from Chris Clark of Nethergill Associates
Hear how MSO has benefitted a local farmer here in Northern Ireland
Find out how you could get a free MSO survey for your farm (normally costing up to £7,000)
Network with other local farmers
Meet members of the NFFN NI team
Receive a copy of our 'What is MSO?' booklet and the 'Nature Means Business' report by NFFN
- Sat, 03 JunMoyvore03 Jun, 14:00 – 16:00Moyvore, Moyvore, Co. Westmeath, IrelandOnsite Insights: farm walk & practical actions for nature with Farming for Nature Ambassador James Ham - “Hedgerow management and incorporating trees into farming systems.” The Farming for Nature farm walks are an opportunity for FFN Ambassadors to showcase their contribution to nature.
- Wed, 14 JunCrecora14 Jun, 18:30 – 20:30Crecora, Skehanagh, Crecora, Co. Limerick, IrelandOnsite Insights: farm walk & practical actions for nature with Farming for Nature Ambassador Sean Condon, an organic dairy farmer from Crecora, County Limerick. He farms about 140 acres of good grassland and runs an extensive dairy farming system, milking 50 cows once a day.
- Thu, 15 JunAntrim
- Tue, 20 JunBrook Hall Estate and Gardens
- Sat, 24 JunConnemara Co. Galway24 Jun, 14:00 – 16:30Connemara Co. GalwayOnsite Insights: farm walk & practical actions for nature with Farming for Nature Ambassador Aonghus Ó Coistealbha, a market gardener with a 1-acre farm where Aonghus grows a variety of chemical-free vegetables including lettuce/salad leaves, onions, tomatoes, radishes, herbs and more.
- Sat, 01 JulFalkland01 Jul, 21:00 – 21:05Falkland, The Stables, Falkland Estate, Falkland, Cupar KY15 7AF, UKGO Falkland, a one-day event featuring talks and sessions on regenerative farming, sharing knowledge from leading practitioners, soil health specialists, and farmers on the regenerative journey. This event is for farmers, small holders, growers, educators, and anyone interested in soil health.
- Wed, 06 SeptEastbrook Farm, Lower Farm, Bishopstone,