Thu, 24 Mar|
Pasture Fed Livestock In Person
In person event, on a farm! Opportunity to hear about the Pasture for Life brand and chat with other farmers.
Time & Location
24 Mar 2022, 10:00 – 12:30
Cullybackey, Hillmount Rd, Cullybackey, Ballymena BT42 1NZ, UK
About the event
There is a growing demand from consumers for 100% pasture fed meat from high welfare, environmentally focused farms. In a country that grows grass for fun and has strong cultural roots in the ruminant livestock sector, there is an opportunity for farms in Northern Ireland to transition their businesses towards the 100% pasture fed market. Now, in its 11th year the Pasture Fed Livestock Association have just launched their new Pasture For Life brand due to growing interest from consumers, retailers and chefs. At this event you will hear from co-founder of the PFLA John Meadley and one of the few Pasture For Life certified farmers and retailers in Northern Ireland, Stephen Alexander of Ballyboley Dexters. This will be a relaxed discussion aimed at those interested in pasture fed livestock and keen to hear more about Pasture For Life standards and certification as well as emerging market opportunities. If there is interest, we can use this to establish a regular discussion for pasture fed livestock farmers in Northern Ireland. The discussion will be hosted by William Frazer at Hillmount Farm, Cullybackey, Co. Antrim. Please arrive promptly at 10am. There will be coffee, a talk from John, plenty of farming chat and a short farm walk if time. The meeting will finish at 12.30pm.
- Tue, 30 MayOxford30 May, 09:00 – 01 Jun, 17:00Oxford, Oxford, UKDAERA is offering farmers the opportunity to travel to England to learn about innovative approaches to enhancing on farm biodiversity. FAI farms demonstrate a commercial beef project with environmental & economic benefits through adaptive grazing, focused on improving resilience.
- Wed, 31 MayCookstown
- Wed, 31 MayMagherafelt
- Sat, 03 JunMoyvore03 Jun, 14:00 – 16:00Moyvore, Moyvore, Co. Westmeath, IrelandOnsite Insights: farm walk & practical actions for nature with Farming for Nature Ambassador James Ham - “Hedgerow management and incorporating trees into farming systems.” The Farming for Nature farm walks are an opportunity for FFN Ambassadors to showcase their contribution to nature.
- Wed, 14 JunCrecora14 Jun, 18:30 – 20:30Crecora, Skehanagh, Crecora, Co. Limerick, IrelandOnsite Insights: farm walk & practical actions for nature with Farming for Nature Ambassador Sean Condon, an organic dairy farmer from Crecora, County Limerick. He farms about 140 acres of good grassland and runs an extensive dairy farming system, milking 50 cows once a day.
- Thu, 15 JunAntrim
- Sat, 24 JunConnemara Co. Galway24 Jun, 14:00 – 16:30Connemara Co. GalwayOnsite Insights: farm walk & practical actions for nature with Farming for Nature Ambassador Aonghus Ó Coistealbha, a market gardener with a 1-acre farm where Aonghus grows a variety of chemical-free vegetables including lettuce/salad leaves, onions, tomatoes, radishes, herbs and more.
- Sat, 01 JulFalkland01 Jul, 21:00 – 21:05Falkland, The Stables, Falkland Estate, Falkland, Cupar KY15 7AF, UKGO Falkland, a one-day event featuring talks and sessions on regenerative farming, sharing knowledge from leading practitioners, soil health specialists, and farmers on the regenerative journey. This event is for farmers, small holders, growers, educators, and anyone interested in soil health.
- Wed, 06 SeptEastbrook Farm, Lower Farm, Bishopstone,