Tue, 07 Feb|
Reducing carbon emissions through fertiliser management
7th February at 7pm: Reducing carbon emissions through fertiliser management.
Time & Location
07 Feb, 19:00
About the event
There is increased pressure on beef and sheep farmers to reduce greenhouse gas emissions, but how do we practically do this on farm?
This webinar series, in partnership with the British Society Animal Science (BSAS) and Teagasc (Irish Agriculture and Food Development Authority) aims to share the most recent research findings investigating methods to reduce emissions from livestock agriculture and how we can apply this directly to farm.
The series will focus on three different ways to reduce emissions:
- 31 January at 7pm: Reducing carbon emissions through grass and forage management - with Kathyrn Huson (Agri-food and Biosciences Institute), Ben Lahart (Teagasc) and Kim Matthews (BSAS)
- 7 February at 7pm: Reducing carbon emissions through fertiliser management - with Paul Newell-Price (ADAS), Mark Plunkett (Teagasc) and Kim Matthews (BSAS)
- 21 February at 7pm: Reducing carbon emissions through breeding and genetics - with Kim Matthews (BSAS) and Noirin McHugh (Teagasc)
Throughout each webinar there will be plenty of opportunity to ask the scientists and industry experts presenting their findings any questions you may have about this complex topic.
This webinar is fully funded by your levy so is therefore free to attend, but booking is essential. If you can’t make the webinar, please still register and we will email the recording to you afterwards to watch in your own time.
- Sat, 03 JunMoyvore03 Jun, 14:00 – 16:00Moyvore, Moyvore, Co. Westmeath, IrelandOnsite Insights: farm walk & practical actions for nature with Farming for Nature Ambassador James Ham - “Hedgerow management and incorporating trees into farming systems.” The Farming for Nature farm walks are an opportunity for FFN Ambassadors to showcase their contribution to nature.
- Wed, 14 JunCrecora14 Jun, 18:30 – 20:30Crecora, Skehanagh, Crecora, Co. Limerick, IrelandOnsite Insights: farm walk & practical actions for nature with Farming for Nature Ambassador Sean Condon, an organic dairy farmer from Crecora, County Limerick. He farms about 140 acres of good grassland and runs an extensive dairy farming system, milking 50 cows once a day.
- Thu, 15 JunAntrim
- Tue, 20 JunBrook Hall Estate and Gardens
- Sat, 24 JunConnemara Co. Galway24 Jun, 14:00 – 16:30Connemara Co. GalwayOnsite Insights: farm walk & practical actions for nature with Farming for Nature Ambassador Aonghus Ó Coistealbha, a market gardener with a 1-acre farm where Aonghus grows a variety of chemical-free vegetables including lettuce/salad leaves, onions, tomatoes, radishes, herbs and more.
- Sat, 01 JulFalkland01 Jul, 21:00 – 21:05Falkland, The Stables, Falkland Estate, Falkland, Cupar KY15 7AF, UKGO Falkland, a one-day event featuring talks and sessions on regenerative farming, sharing knowledge from leading practitioners, soil health specialists, and farmers on the regenerative journey. This event is for farmers, small holders, growers, educators, and anyone interested in soil health.
- Wed, 06 SeptEastbrook Farm, Lower Farm, Bishopstone,