top of page
Thu, 28 Jul|
Tree Hay harvest
Michael Meharg will be leading a harvest of willow as Tree Hay, an old livestock dietary supplement recently shown to reduce methane emissions and can act as a natural wormer.
Registration is closedSee other events
Time & Location
28 Jul 2022, 14:00
Ecos Centre, Kernohans Lane, Broughshane Road, Ballymena BT43 7QA, UK
About the event
Park in the Ecos Centre car park, we'll gather people up around 2 and head to where we'll be cutting the willow. Wellington boots recommended. Tools and PPE will be provided.
- Sat, 03 JunMoyvore03 Jun, 14:00 – 16:00Moyvore, Moyvore, Co. Westmeath, IrelandOnsite Insights: farm walk & practical actions for nature with Farming for Nature Ambassador James Ham - “Hedgerow management and incorporating trees into farming systems.” The Farming for Nature farm walks are an opportunity for FFN Ambassadors to showcase their contribution to nature.
- Wed, 14 JunCrecora14 Jun, 18:30 – 20:30Crecora, Skehanagh, Crecora, Co. Limerick, IrelandOnsite Insights: farm walk & practical actions for nature with Farming for Nature Ambassador Sean Condon, an organic dairy farmer from Crecora, County Limerick. He farms about 140 acres of good grassland and runs an extensive dairy farming system, milking 50 cows once a day.
- Thu, 15 JunAntrim
- Tue, 20 JunBrook Hall Estate and Gardens
- Sat, 24 JunConnemara Co. Galway24 Jun, 14:00 – 16:30Connemara Co. GalwayOnsite Insights: farm walk & practical actions for nature with Farming for Nature Ambassador Aonghus Ó Coistealbha, a market gardener with a 1-acre farm where Aonghus grows a variety of chemical-free vegetables including lettuce/salad leaves, onions, tomatoes, radishes, herbs and more.
- Sat, 01 JulFalkland01 Jul, 21:00 – 21:05Falkland, The Stables, Falkland Estate, Falkland, Cupar KY15 7AF, UKGO Falkland, a one-day event featuring talks and sessions on regenerative farming, sharing knowledge from leading practitioners, soil health specialists, and farmers on the regenerative journey. This event is for farmers, small holders, growers, educators, and anyone interested in soil health.
- Wed, 06 SeptEastbrook Farm, Lower Farm, Bishopstone,
bottom of page