Tue, 09 May|
Water-friendly Farm Walk 2
Visit a beef farm piloting a low cost, nature-based solution to capture and recycle nutrients on the farm.
Time & Location
09 May, 11:45 – 13:00
Moneymore, 12 Ballydawley Rd, Magherafelt BT45 7NL, UK
About the event
Do you have waterways on your farmland and worry about the risk of pollution?
Is water management on your farm a struggle?
The Water Innovation Network have been trialling low cost nature-based solutions to capture and clean dirty water on farms, and provide farmers with harvestable crops. These solutions are designed to minimise the amount of productive land needed, are simple to install and easy to maintain.
Join us on a tour of Brown's beef farm to see how a system of swales planted with nutrient hungry plants (comfrey and willow) tackles farmyard run-off and contributes to overall water management on the farm.
If interested, please RSVP below and arrive at the location and time listed below:
Farm location: Brown's Beef Farm, 12 Ballydawley Road, Magherafelt, County Londonderry, BT45 7NL.
Farm tour: Tuesday 9th May 2023, 11:30am - 1:00pm.
- Sat, 03 JunMoyvore03 Jun, 14:00 – 16:00Moyvore, Moyvore, Co. Westmeath, IrelandOnsite Insights: farm walk & practical actions for nature with Farming for Nature Ambassador James Ham - “Hedgerow management and incorporating trees into farming systems.” The Farming for Nature farm walks are an opportunity for FFN Ambassadors to showcase their contribution to nature.
- Wed, 14 JunCrecora14 Jun, 18:30 – 20:30Crecora, Skehanagh, Crecora, Co. Limerick, IrelandOnsite Insights: farm walk & practical actions for nature with Farming for Nature Ambassador Sean Condon, an organic dairy farmer from Crecora, County Limerick. He farms about 140 acres of good grassland and runs an extensive dairy farming system, milking 50 cows once a day.
- Thu, 15 JunAntrim
- Tue, 20 JunBrook Hall Estate and Gardens
- Sat, 24 JunConnemara Co. Galway24 Jun, 14:00 – 16:30Connemara Co. GalwayOnsite Insights: farm walk & practical actions for nature with Farming for Nature Ambassador Aonghus Ó Coistealbha, a market gardener with a 1-acre farm where Aonghus grows a variety of chemical-free vegetables including lettuce/salad leaves, onions, tomatoes, radishes, herbs and more.
- Sat, 01 JulFalkland01 Jul, 21:00 – 21:05Falkland, The Stables, Falkland Estate, Falkland, Cupar KY15 7AF, UKGO Falkland, a one-day event featuring talks and sessions on regenerative farming, sharing knowledge from leading practitioners, soil health specialists, and farmers on the regenerative journey. This event is for farmers, small holders, growers, educators, and anyone interested in soil health.
- Wed, 06 SeptEastbrook Farm, Lower Farm, Bishopstone,