Wed, 08 Jun|
What the heck is Blockchain?
Blockchain is a secure, chronological, immutable method of storing data. Join FREE session with the Digital Surge team and learn how to increase trust, security, transparency, traceability.
Time & Location
08 Jun 2022, 09:30 – 13:30
Belfast, Queens Rd, Belfast BT3 9AD, UK
About the event
Blockchain is essentially a database technology with attributes that, individually, are not unique to it, but which together are a technological breakthrough in how digital information is stored, verified and exchanged.
- Find out what blockchain is, and what it isn't (hint: it's not crypto currency!)
- Learn how its unique characteristics address many business issues
- Discover blockchain applications for businesses across sectors - manufacturing, logistics & fleet management, retail, hospitality, agriculture, construction & civil engineering - and more!
Through use cases and successes stories from various industries we'll share ideas that are accessible, practical, usable, useful and affordable.
Meet the trainer:
Martin Naughton is a part time lecturer at the Belfast Metropolitan College in the area of Internet of Things, Smart Cities, Emerging Technology and Blockchain technologies.
He is an experienced mentor having worked with Antrim & Newtownabbey Borough Council on the Ask programme, Belfast Metropolitan College (Innovate Us) and InterTradeIreland mentor (Co Innovate Programme for emerging technologies).
Martin's the founder of Galvia Digital, and works with organisations, from startups to global enterprises, to help them develop and deliver digital transformation projects.
Kindly hosted by Catalyst, an independent, not-for-profit organisation working together for the greater good, enabling a connected community of like-minded innovators in an entrepreneurial eco-system that is the key driver of the knowledge economy in Northern Ireland. Catalyst is a force for good, bold in its approach, with integrity at its core and passion in everything it does.
This project is part funded by Invest Northern Ireland and the European Regional Development Fund under the Investment for Growth & Jobs Northern Ireland (2014-2020) Programme.
- Sat, 03 JunMoyvore03 Jun, 14:00 – 16:00Moyvore, Moyvore, Co. Westmeath, IrelandOnsite Insights: farm walk & practical actions for nature with Farming for Nature Ambassador James Ham - “Hedgerow management and incorporating trees into farming systems.” The Farming for Nature farm walks are an opportunity for FFN Ambassadors to showcase their contribution to nature.
- Wed, 14 JunCrecora14 Jun, 18:30 – 20:30Crecora, Skehanagh, Crecora, Co. Limerick, IrelandOnsite Insights: farm walk & practical actions for nature with Farming for Nature Ambassador Sean Condon, an organic dairy farmer from Crecora, County Limerick. He farms about 140 acres of good grassland and runs an extensive dairy farming system, milking 50 cows once a day.
- Thu, 15 JunAntrim
- Tue, 20 JunBrook Hall Estate and Gardens
- Sat, 24 JunConnemara Co. Galway24 Jun, 14:00 – 16:30Connemara Co. GalwayOnsite Insights: farm walk & practical actions for nature with Farming for Nature Ambassador Aonghus Ó Coistealbha, a market gardener with a 1-acre farm where Aonghus grows a variety of chemical-free vegetables including lettuce/salad leaves, onions, tomatoes, radishes, herbs and more.
- Sat, 01 JulFalkland01 Jul, 21:00 – 21:05Falkland, The Stables, Falkland Estate, Falkland, Cupar KY15 7AF, UKGO Falkland, a one-day event featuring talks and sessions on regenerative farming, sharing knowledge from leading practitioners, soil health specialists, and farmers on the regenerative journey. This event is for farmers, small holders, growers, educators, and anyone interested in soil health.
- Wed, 06 SeptEastbrook Farm, Lower Farm, Bishopstone,