For anyone who missed the discussion with QUB around Opportunities on the way to Net Zero, there is a leaflet attached about the project. They are looking for ideas for innovative, game changing projects that can help us to make the transition to net zero. Of course we are all pretty daunted by the challenge ahead but it was great to be part of such a positive discussion. There is an opportunity here to access world class expertise and they can facilitate multidisciplinary research to help us move forward. We discussed:
- a circular food growing, food waste, composting project
- fibre crops and the potential for both textile and composites to replace plastic and fibreglass and use in the construction industry
- restoration of the wool industry and new applications for furniture, insulation etc
- the zero carbon dairy farm
- supporting growth in horticulture
If you have other ideas or are interested in getting involved in projects like these comment below.