top of page
Sat, 25 Jun|
Growing veg with Picked Organic and Four Leaf Farm
Spend the morning with Dave from Picked Organic and Michael and Alex from Four Leaf Farm learning about their systems for producing fantastic vegetables, salads and herbs.
Registration is closedSee other events
Time & Location
25 Jun 2022, 12:36 – 14:00
Moneyreagh, 9 Ballykeel Rd S, Moneyreagh, Newtownards BT23 6BU, UK
About the event
From tiny plots where they produce the most fantastic, sustainable produce, Dave, Michael and Alex have teamed up to move into field scale production and launched a joint Community Supported Agriculture veg box scheme for the summer season.
In this 2-hour training session they will walk and talk through their systems, how they plan their crops, manage weeds and pests, improve their soil, make their own compost and routes to market.
- Tue, 30 MayOxford30 May, 09:00 – 01 Jun, 17:00Oxford, Oxford, UKDAERA is offering farmers the opportunity to travel to England to learn about innovative approaches to enhancing on farm biodiversity. FAI farms demonstrate a commercial beef project with environmental & economic benefits through adaptive grazing, focused on improving resilience.
- Wed, 31 MayCookstown
- Wed, 31 MayMagherafelt
- Sat, 03 JunMoyvore03 Jun, 14:00 – 16:00Moyvore, Moyvore, Co. Westmeath, IrelandOnsite Insights: farm walk & practical actions for nature with Farming for Nature Ambassador James Ham - “Hedgerow management and incorporating trees into farming systems.” The Farming for Nature farm walks are an opportunity for FFN Ambassadors to showcase their contribution to nature.
- Wed, 14 JunCrecora14 Jun, 18:30 – 20:30Crecora, Skehanagh, Crecora, Co. Limerick, IrelandOnsite Insights: farm walk & practical actions for nature with Farming for Nature Ambassador Sean Condon, an organic dairy farmer from Crecora, County Limerick. He farms about 140 acres of good grassland and runs an extensive dairy farming system, milking 50 cows once a day.
- Thu, 15 JunAntrim
- Sat, 24 JunConnemara Co. Galway24 Jun, 14:00 – 16:30Connemara Co. GalwayOnsite Insights: farm walk & practical actions for nature with Farming for Nature Ambassador Aonghus Ó Coistealbha, a market gardener with a 1-acre farm where Aonghus grows a variety of chemical-free vegetables including lettuce/salad leaves, onions, tomatoes, radishes, herbs and more.
- Sat, 01 JulFalkland01 Jul, 21:00 – 21:05Falkland, The Stables, Falkland Estate, Falkland, Cupar KY15 7AF, UKGO Falkland, a one-day event featuring talks and sessions on regenerative farming, sharing knowledge from leading practitioners, soil health specialists, and farmers on the regenerative journey. This event is for farmers, small holders, growers, educators, and anyone interested in soil health.
- Wed, 06 SeptEastbrook Farm, Lower Farm, Bishopstone,
bottom of page