Tue, 08 Nov|
Improving Soil Health West
Join our Improving Soil Health workshop, led by sustainable farming expert Niels Corfield.
Time & Location
08 Nov 2022, 09:30 – 17:00
Enniskillen, Enniskillen BT92 8AP, UK
About the event
Do you want to know:
- What makes plants grow strong and resilient to drought?
- How to convert consolidated soil into friable topsoil that doesn’t saturate?
- How to create the most beneficial environment for crops or stock?
Join our Improving Soil Health workshop, led by sustainable farming expert Niels Corfield. You will learn how to improve and monitor soil health on your farm for optimum crop and livestock performance.
You will be introduced to how natural ecosystem processes affect your soil and how you can work with these processes to improve soil health. Crucially, you will learn about the important role soil biology plays in crop performance, pasture health and farm resilience and what practices can be used to support healthy soils.
NFFN are offering this course for free - usual price £100pp.
About this Event:
This is a short course on the principles of soil health. Learn what the soil health principles are and how their application improves and creates soil crumb structure. The soil health principles work from large farms to market gardens to bring real results.
This project is funded by DAERA's Environment Fund.
Full events schedule:
- Farming for Resilience, Cookstown, Tuesday 25 October, 2 pm – 4 pm
- Farming for Resilience, Antrim Hills, Wednesday 26 October, 1 pm – 3 pm
- Improving Soil Health, Mount Stewart, Monday 7 November, 9.30 am – 5 pm
- Improving Soil Health, Crom Estate, Tuesday 8 November, 9.30 am – 5 pm
- Save the date: Sustainable Grazing, Friday 16 December
- Save the date: Whole Farm Planning for Sustainable Agriculture, Tuesday, 10 January
View all events here.
Who is Niels Corfield?
Niels Corfield has been working to deliver a truly regenerative food system for over 15 years. He is an advisor, researcher, educator, designer & tree nurseryman.
Working to create agroecological landscapes and farms in the UK and Europe he is focused on systems that are low maintenance and productive. He advises and consults on: soil health, planned grazing, agroforestry, and whole farm planning. He helps transition farm operations, through an inclusive/participatory approach.
- Tue, 03 Octwebinar03 Oct, 20:00 – 21:35webinar
- Tue, 10 Octwebinar10 Oct, 20:00 – 21:35webinar
- Tue, 17 Octwebinar17 Oct, 20:00 – 21:35webinar
- Tue, 24 Octwebinar24 Oct, 20:00 – 21:35webinar
- Thu, 26 OctLa Mon Hotel26 Oct, 09:30 – 16:00La Mon Hotel, 41 Gransha Rd, Comber, Belfast, Newtownards BT23 5RF, UK26 Oct, 09:30 – 16:00La Mon Hotel, 41 Gransha Rd, Comber, Belfast, Newtownards BT23 5RF, UKSoil health is recognised as underpinning sustainable and resilient farming systems. Over the past number of decades, AFBI’s extensive soil health research has integrated with both agricultural productivity and environmental outcomes to deliver important recommendations.
- Tue, 07 NovFitzgeralds Woodlands House Hotel07 Nov, 09:30 – 08 Nov, 07:30Fitzgeralds Woodlands House Hotel, Knockanes, Adare, Co. Limerick, Ireland07 Nov, 09:30 – 08 Nov, 07:30Fitzgeralds Woodlands House Hotel, Knockanes, Adare, Co. Limerick, IrelandNational Organic Training Skillnet are delighted to confirm that BioFarm is back! The event will host the usual high-level mix of Irish and international speakers on the topics of biological, organic, and regenerative farming. Speakers will be announced in the coming months leading up to November.
- Thu, 16 NovWestlodge Hotel16 Nov, 08:30 – 17 Nov, 16:30Westlodge Hotel, Seafield, Bantry, Co. Cork, Ireland
- Thu, 16 NovWestlodge Hotel16 Nov, 21:00 – 17 Nov, 17:00Westlodge Hotel, Clashduff, Bantry, Co. Cork, Ireland
- Mon, 27 NovBelfast27 Nov, 10:00 – 15:30Belfast, University Rd, Belfast BT7 1NN, UK