top of page

Hillmount Farm

Public·28 members

A quick intro to the farm as it was farmed in 2021 under a conacre agreement. This year we are bringing about 60% of the farm back in hand and looking to work towards a joint venture farming agreement on the other 40% with a neighbouring farmer. We will be bringing sheep back to graze on the farm for the first time in a generation and are growing the first crop of cereals here in more than 10 years. The neighbouring farmer will be rearing dairy heifers and cutting silage and our hope is we can combine forces and through careful grazing and cropping rotation optimise our outputs of cereals, forage, in calf heifers and lamb whilst regenerating our soils.

Sam Millar
Charles Cole


Hi, thanks for joining the group. I'm a new entrant farmer a...
bottom of page